Thursday, August 23, 2012

Take A Breather!


We girls put so much stress on ourselves to always look our best and be as attractive as possible.  These are very good things to do; after all, we need to care about how we look.  But we don't necessarily have to take our appearance to such extremes every day.  I think we should all take at least one day a week and give ourselves some slack.
Pick a day and just tell yourself, "I love the way I am."  Each time a negative or critical thought comes in, just block it out.  Wear your most comfortable clothes, matching or unmatching and just take the day to relax and be you and do the things you love.  Bake your favorite cookies, or walk your favorite trail, or watch your favorite movie.  It doesn't matter as long as it's what you love to do.  Give makeup and earrings a rest and smile broadly every time you see your reflection.  Who knows?  You might find you prefer yourself to look that way :)
Remember, life isn't supposed to be centered around stress and drama.  It is possible to live a peaceful, happy life.  And most of that comes from trusting and believing in God.  If we can learn to sacrifice our wills, I mean REALLY sacrifice them, then God will begin to move in our lives and bless us with what we desire.
I just realized this: if I'm constantly asking God to do this for me, or go there, then I'm dictating how my life will be.  If I'm asking Him to make it possible for me and a certain boy to be together, He may do it for me, but it isn't His perfect will, it's only His permissive will.  And my stubbornness will most likely come back to bite me.
My goal is to daily die to myself, to pray, "not my will, but Thine be done, Lord."  It's not easy to mean that, but it is the most rewarding thing you'll do :)

Love,
Gracie

2 comments:

  1. good post Gracie, you seem to be getting more confidence in expressing you real opinions, you have hit the nail on the head with the "thy will be done " not my will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tagged, Grace! I've concidered you worthy of the Liebster Blog Award. Check my blog for details.
    Sincerely in Christ,
    Michaela Danielle <><

    ReplyDelete